Call for Applications
The VHL Alliance is pleased to announce a call for applications for research grant support on topics relevant to von Hippel-Lindau disease. Projects should further the understanding of VHL disease and may address VHL cell and molecular biology, the development and/or application of VHL-relevant animal models, or the diagnosis and treatment of VHL patients.
There will be two potential funding mechanisms (all in U.S. dollars):
(1) Research Project grants of two years in duration and not to exceed $100,000 total costs – up to 50,000 per year over a two-year period, contingent on milestones being met*.
(2) Pilot grants of one year in duration and not to exceed $25,000 total costs*.
*The VHL Alliance will not pay institutional overhead.
Applications will be made by invitation only, based on investigator-submitted letters of intent. The letter of intent should not exceed one page in length and should include:
(1) The name of the principal investigator and a brief description of the investigator’s qualifications to undertake the project. The principal investigator should have faculty status or equivalent.
(2) The type of award should be indicated – Research Project or Pilot Project
(3) A brief description of the project to be proposed, emphasizing the relevance to VHL disease. The description should include a brief background, hypothesis, Specific Aims, and description of the significance of the proposed research for the field of VHL research, and/or the impact on the care of VHL patients. Investigators describing projects without clear relevance will not be invited to submit an application.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Letter of Intent—not later than July 11, 2017
submit to email@example.com
Invitations—not later than July 31, 2017
Application—September 1, 2017
Earliest project start date—November 1, 2017